Thursday 26 November 2009

Straighten things out!

I've kept quiet for a long time, but it's time to speak. I need to clear things up, yes I am rallying full time, but I can assure there is no money coming my way, there is a difference. I spend my day's organizing my rallying, the accounts, logistics, entries, accomodation etc.. but mainly keeping fit. I have been given this oppertunity to see if I can make a career, and if it doesn't work out, well then I'm off to college, simple. That's what I mean by full-time, it's not my job, I am on a break from education for a few years to see what I can do. It's a fantastic oppertunity which I cherish every day. This speak of daddy this and daddy that is becoming to hard to take, and I need to straighten things out. I work hard to find the budget for my rallying, and I am sure, if it wasn't for Motorsport Ireland, and the Irish Sports council, things would be looking very bleak for next year. How can you expect any 19 year old to pay for his own rallying? For sure I contribute as much as financially possible, but it is the same with most young people in rallying today, I say this as a majority, as I am sure there are a select few that pay there own way, and power to them.
This year I have had an awful amount of luck, and I am fully aware that the championships that I won, were down to amount of mileage, and seat time I had over everyone else, but mainly a lot of luck, I agree. With regards to the Billy Coleman award, that €50k was the deciding factor on wheather I would be rallying at all in 2010, and I cannot accept anyone saying I didn't need it. I will be the first to admit that both Kevin and Jonathan were on a serious pace this year, and that I was in a much superior car on every round. They have proved there point on more than one occasion, and they have caught the eyes of mant people. I enjoyed their competition this year. The NJRC was a championship I really liked, but I knew on each event I was opening a can of worms for certain forum members to start the slagging matches, but I knew the prize at the end of it all was worth anything.
I do not boast, and my feet are firmly on the ground. I do understand that I have done a lot of rallying this year, and that this is mainly the reason why things have gone so well this year, I am fully aware, and have never thought or said differently.
Please understand, I'm a young lad from Waterford with a big passion for what I do, and I want the best for me, but what I certainly don't want to do is leave anyone with a bad taste in their mouth's, as I set out to do no harm, just do the best I can in every way.
Apologies for the outburst, but some things you need to get off your chest!
All the best
Craig

1 comment:

  1. Fair play to ya lad, more power to you. Maybe I should post something similar on my blog, I seem to be getting a lot of stick just because a friend with a camera decided to follow us in Cork while I was out to have a bit of fun between the college weeks.

    ReplyDelete